Craft Gunmaking, No compromises, No corners cut, EVER

Thursday, January 9, 2020

Oh Yes, Even More WTF?

What can I say that hasn't been said too many times already?  Sometimes all you can do is scratch your head and laugh.

Unsurprisingly, the single trigger in this Parker Repro still didn't work, even after the work that this clearly talented gunsmiff lavished upon it. 

The double-single (not a typo) trigger in this FN SxS was apparently "fixed" by MacGyver, using a pocketknife and a paperclip.

3 comments:

  1. Dewey,

    After reading your most recent posts, I'm curious how frequently you encounter this bodgery. Is it the exception or the rule?

    As always, I look forward to and enjoy your posts.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly Lee, it seems to be the rule. Dunning and Kruger would have had had a stroke if they'd included gunsmiths in their study.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always fascinated by the sh&t that comes into your shop. Many times I am speechless and slack jawed by the bodge jobs. You know I restore vintage cars, and while I've had to improvise on occasion at least I did a quality improvisation. But the crap you discover is truly over the top. A PAPERCLIP???? I wonder how much that "gunsmith" charged the client and did he mention to said client, "hey, I used a paperclip for the spring, works great!" I suspect not. Please keep the faith for us.......

    ReplyDelete