Craft Gunmaking, No compromises, No corners cut, EVER

Monday, May 29, 2017

Cleaning Up an A&A No.1

Yes, it actually needed to be cleaned but this gun perfectly illustrates that nothing can be taken for granted, not even mere disassembly.  It had some lockwork issues and needed the striker noses to be reprofiled along with a broken (horn) buttplate that needed attention.  During disassembly, the left vent screw actually snapped into multiple pieces as soon as I rotated the screwdriver (it took amazing little effort).  With the head of the screw now in two pieces and the remainder of the screw still in the frame, what was routine disassembly became a bit more interesting.  Once I removed the shank of the old vent screw, I set to work making a replacement and then proceeded with the cleaning and repairs as originally planned.
Here are the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment