Monday, May 9, 2022

Leather Covered Recoil Pads Gallery

A sampling of leather covered recoil pads I've done, showing different hides, colors and styles.


A&A  No.4RA
Pig hide over modified Galazan base


Abbiatico & Salvinelli SLE
Pig hide over modified Effebi base

Pair of A&A No.2 SLEs
 Kangaroo hide over Silver's base

Dakota Model 10
Kangaroo hide over Silver's base

Parker Repro
Pig hide over Silver's base
 
H&H
Pig hide over Pachmayr base
 
H&H
Pig hide over Silver's base
 
H&H
Pig hide over Silver's base
 
H&H
Pig hide over modified Silver's base
 
Caesar Guerini
Pig hide over Silver's base
 
Beretta DT-10
Goat hide over Pachmayr base
 
H&H
Pig hide over Pachmayr base

Hand made 28 GA
Kangaroo hide over custom base

Custom Fox
Kangaroo hide over Silver's base


Another Dakota Model 10
Black 'roo over modified Silver's base

Fratelli Piotti Hammergun 
Pig over Silver's base





3 comments:

  1. Beautiful work as usual

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep struggling my mind trying to learn how you make those crisp edges and specially how do you stretch leather to make that tight lower corner. When I first read you blog last year I learned about the beautiful leather pads and said: I need to learn and make them for my rifles. Made several attempts, and although improving, I am still stuck trying to stretch leather that way. I tried warn weather with alcohol, but the pig leather won’t stretch… still need to work, but so grateful to your valuable information and sharing of your knowledge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not easy. That's why I get the "big bucks".

      Delete