Craft Gunmaking, No compromises, No corners cut, EVER

Friday, January 12, 2018

A Stunning Smallbore Sterlingworth

This is (was) probably the nicest, highest condition Sterlingworth I've seen (NIB, in fact).  It's a Utica-made 16 gauge gun and it is the basis for my next custom gun, these are the "before" photos.  When the client and I planned the project, I told him that the most important thing about the base gun was that the bores be mint.  After rejecting a number of guns which were advertised by the sellers as having "mint" bores, this gun came up and yes, the bores are perfect.  This may make the collector-types cringe (luckily, I don't care) but, the good news is that your guns will be worth more, now that this gun no longer exists as you see it here.



These are some of the parts that will not be going back into the gun.  Stay tuned...

Continued here:  https://vicknairgunsmithing.blogspot.com/2018/01/anglicizing-fox.html

No comments:

Post a Comment